Partner 1 research team leader (P1)
Bodi George, PhD, specialist archaeologists and researcher at the Iasi Insitute of Archaeology
Professional experience in the field of the project:
- Currently the director of the Prehistory section from the Iași Institute of Archaeology
- 2010–2013 — project manager of type-TE grant entitled Integrated Analysis of Archaeological, Pedological, Palynological and Archaeozoological Data from Neo-Eneolithic Sites from Eastern Romania, financed by CNCSIS;
- 2007–2010 — member of Program 4–Partnership in Prioritary Domains research grant no. 1646 entitled Sistem expert arheometric pentru combaterea inteligentă a traficului cu valori ale patrimoniului cultural-istoric, (manager: Prof. Dr. Mirela Praisler, ―”Dunărea de Jos” University of Galați);
- 2001–2003 — member of type-A grant entitled Viaţa şi ambientul comunităţilor eneolitice de la est de Carpaţi (cercetări interdisciplinare), financed by CNCSIS (manager: Prof. Dr. Nicolae Ursulescu, ―”Al. I. Cuza” University of Iași);
List of five most important achievements in the field of the project:
- George Bodi, Arheologia aluvială. Principii teoretice şi aplicaţii asupra aşezării cucuteniene de la Hoiseşti, in Dimensiunea europeană a civilizaţiei eneolitice est-carpatice (ed. Nicolae Ursulescu), Iași, 2007, p. 179-188;
- George Bodi et al. – Preliminary Considerations Regarding the Paleoenvironment in the Hinterland of the Neolithic Habitation-Sites at Isaiia–Balta Popii and Hoiseşti–La Pod, in Transylvanian Review, XIX, Supplement No. 5: 1 – Recent Studies on Past and Present. I.Human Heritage and Community: Archaeology in the Carpathians and Lower Danube Area From Prehistory to the Early Medieval Age (eds. Radu Băjenaru, George Bodi, Coriolan Opreanu, Vlad V. Zirra), Zalău, 2010, p. 31-48, ISI-indexed volume;
- (co-author) – Integrating soil parameters in correlative studies regarding archaeological sites. Interdisciplinary research on Neo-Eneolithic settlements from Romania, in 12th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference, Conference Proceedings vol. IV, 2012, p. 114-124, ISI-indexed volume.
Membership in prestigious professional associations:
- European Association of Archaeologists (EAA) – member;
- International Union of Prehistoric and Protohistorical Sciences (UISPP) – member;
Partner 2 research team leader (P2)
Cotiugă Vasile, archaeologist (specialist), history bachelor (1997), history masters (1998), history PhD researcher (2009) and lecturer at History Faculty, “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iaşi; manager at Arheo Management SRL.
- Project Manager in the PN II-PC no. 92101/1.10.2008 program, Chronology and human interactions during eneolithic in southern Romania. Gumelniţa – key period of European prehistory – sites, known and unknown space: partner “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iaşi.
- Member in the research project IDEI ID 2119; 2008-2011 (director- assoc. Prof. dr. Buzgar Nicolae) – Pigments‟ studies on artifacts and frescoes of the monasteries using Raman spectroscopy.
- Member in the research project IDEI ID 2116; 2008-2011- Modeling Neolithic migrations in eastern and south-eastern territories of Romania, in terms of achaeozoology.
- Member in the Romanian- English research project Research on Trade and Exchange in the Cucuteni – Tripolye Network 2001-2005 (directors dr. John Chapman, Duhram University, England and dr. Dan Monah, Archaeology Institute, Iaşi ).
List of three major scientific achievements:
- (Co-editor) Interdisciplinary Research in Archaeology. Proceedings of the First Arheoinvest Congress, 10-11 June 2011, Iaşi, Romania, Edited by Vasile Cotiugă, Ştefan Caliniuc, British Archaeological Reports – International Series 2433, Archaeopress, Oxford, 2012, 246 p., ISBN: 9781407310329;
- (Co-author) Physical study of the Cucuteni pottery technology, Journal of Archaeological Science, 40, 2013, 2, p. 914-925; ISSN: 0305-4403;
- (Co-author) Identity in diversity: photogrammetry, 3d laser scanning and magnetometric analysis of Gumelniţa tells from Muntenia (Romania), In Vasile Cotiugă, Ştefan Caliniuc (eds.), Interdisciplinarity Research in Archaeology. Proceedings of the First Arheoinvest Congress, 10-11 June 2011, Iaşi, Romania, Oxford, BAR – International Series 2433, Archaeopress, p. 19-36, ISBN: 9781407310329;
Member of international, prestigious and professional associations: World Archaeological Congress, European Association of Archaeologists, Monumenta Perennitatis Iaşi (NGO), The International Union of Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences.